Denée is a senior commercial litigator with more than 10 years’ experience running complex large scale litigation and class actions.
Denée has a particular focus on Corporations Act, ASIC Act, negligence, misleading and deceptive conduct claims, and litigation arising in an insolvency context.
Denée has led numerous high-profile trials and settlements in the Federal Court of Australia (and appeals to the Full Court), including the concurrent trial and landmark settlement of 5 class actions against Standard & Poor’s. She has extensive experience in litigation involving major Australian banks, investment funds, and financial institutions.
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of NSW, High Court of Australia, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws (Honours), The University of New South Wales
- Legal 500 Profiled Lawyer. Dispute Resolution: Class Actions Tier 4.
- Lawyers’ Weekly Senior Associate of the Year Dispute Resolution Award – Finalist
- EuroMoney Women in Business Law Rising Star Award – Finalist
- Lawyers’ Weekly Top 30 Under 30 in Dispute Resolution – Finalist
- “Holding Ratings Agencies to Account: The Federal Court’s Landmark Decision in Bathurst Regional Council v Local Government Financial Services” (2013), Volume 11 No. 7, Financial Services Newsletter, at 176.